FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:38 pm
DNAwizard

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Given that you had qualified for SE by early March last year, it seems clear that AC stands to lose some significant revenue from your decision. I applaud you, Bohemian1 and any others who have taken your premium backsides to the seats of other carriers. Your profile states you're based in Quebec City, so it, er, deflates the arguments of some who claim that it's impractical or onerous to avoid AC when flying from a non-hub airport. Even using AC/Jazz to deliver you to the international hub where that competitor awaits deprives AC of the creamy intl J fares they depend upon.

I suspect the ratio of people who object to the park bench lottery to those who have done something about it remains low. Until that ratio improves, we can expect no change in the glacial pace of providing a permanent solution.
Being based in YQB makes it difficult to avoid AC indeed. But at least I can choose a different carrier when I get to YUL or YYZ. I have also postpone some travels. I have not given up on AC; I would appreciate a better handling of the situation by AC: provide some sort of official acknowledgment that the issue exists, standardization of onboard procedure when it happens and there is no alternative or no fix (provide the form proactively), and official communication about a timeline for a permanent fix.

So yes, AC is losing revenue from me this year but also from my better half (barely any AQD as well this year compared to making it to SE even before me last year). With that being said, it is certainly not much in the grand scheme of things for AC though.