FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:43 pm
bobert24

I've got a question that even most of the agents I've talked to have been unclear on the answer to. Figured I'd ask the real experts.

I'm trying to get to India. It looks like my options are BA, QR, CX, and EY (or AA connecting to one of those). BA, QR, and CX are oneworld partners. EY is a non-oneworld partner. Business class is unavailable on my dates, so I'm going to have to book economy and hope to upgrade close-in. Am I correct in understanding that if I change between oneworld and non-oneworld partners (or vice versa), there's a fee involved? I can't find documentation on it, but I'm thinking it's ~$150. So if I book on EY, and space comes available on CX instead, it would be $150 (plus the extra miles) to change it. Is that correct?

Also, I think the wiki is outdated (in two places) about transiting a 3rd region to India. You're now allowed to transit Europe, Middle East, and HKG (on AA or CX only). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.