FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Shutdown Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:09 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by DjRocket
I'm sorry, but your logic makes very little sense again. The value of a deal is not measured in terms of some absolute metric but rather utility it brings to an individual. This is one of the fundamental principles the free market economics is based on. So it might be a fact that you get a better discount on a cruise to the Caribbean than a comparable cruise to Alaska, all things being equal. But if I hate beaches and don't care about summer weather, the lesser discount on the Alaskan cruise would be a better deal to me. Utility is not an absolute metric. So again, to determine the value of the 3x MR promotion, I have to consider cost / benefit ratio in the context of the alternatives available to me, not you or somebody else who might have different preferences and options. It is indeed YMMV.
You logics makes little sense to me.

When we talk about rewards etc, we all talk about common sense. If you are banned from certain bank, or certain financial situation, you are in your own unique financial situation. It does not change the facts of the each reward program. Hyatt value won't drop just because YOU can't get Hyatt card.

If you hate beaches or hate Hawaii, it does not drop the values of beach resorts in Hawaii. Hawaii and beaches are attractive to most of the normal or common people. When we talk, we have those common people in mind, not the few folks who hate beaches.

Also, when I post something, I do not just address YOUR needs, but the common people...