FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:58 am
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
I personally have had enough. I have decided to limit my flights on AC. At this time last year, I had requalified for SE. This year, I don't even have the AQD to qualify for P25. I have changed several of my flights (revenue and rewards as well) to avoid AC as much as possible.
Given that you had qualified for SE by early March last year, it seems clear that AC stands to lose some significant revenue from your decision. I applaud you, Bohemian1 and any others who have taken your premium backsides to the seats of other carriers. Your profile states you're based in Quebec City, so it, er, deflates the arguments of some who claim that it's impractical or onerous to avoid AC when flying from a non-hub airport. Even using AC/Jazz to deliver you to the international hub where that competitor awaits deprives AC of the creamy intl J fares they depend upon.

I suspect the ratio of people who object to the park bench lottery to those who have done something about it remains low. Until that ratio improves, we can expect no change in the glacial pace of providing a permanent solution.