FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:27 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisJC5
Why so strident a message to me? I'm not a frequent denizen of this forum -- last time I was here was many months ago -- and I had not read this entire thread. And I didn't know the category for my hotel was up-graded or changed. Jeeze, you and others might be experts in this area -- I'm not and I'm not trying to game the system, as your comments tend to suggest.

Why not be helpful and stop bashing novices who dare to ask questions that reflect a novice's unawareness.
There is no need to read the entire thread but just periodically take a quick look, even reading back 5 to 10 pages would have prevented you from making this mistake .

Marriott category change is announced in advance, and is NOT this thread's focus but always has a dedicated thread in this forum.

Are you telling us that you find it a surprise that Marriott would change hotel categories?

For an eyeopener, Marriott has officially changed hotel category 3 times in the past 14 months, incl the annual changes each March and the changes last August when the final merger was put in place, not to mention there are categories change creeping thru out the year without any announcement.

Unfortunately it is our own responsibilities to keep up with the change. Nobody would ring a bell to tell you something is happening.

To add to that if you have spent 10 min reading the last few pages you would know I and a few others have been the most helpful in this thread.

Here is the post 1490 from margaritagirl who is also a super helper who READS and OBSERVES, and often refer people to read the DPs on the thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30828568-post1490.html
She replied to a poster who thanked her for the help.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thanks for the accolades but I think there are others here who are far more deserving than me (Happy and skimthetrees come to mind even though there are many others). I just keep reading this thread in anticipation of potentially "converting" my certs in July.
I would like to add my321 is also very helpful in the sense with his historical knowledge on how the TP certs work, we were able to cobble together a conversion table with the codes reported by posters, now in the Wiki when Marriott has NEVER provided such information. Many posters have been able to use the conversion table to achieve what they want to do with their certs. Without the table, we would be totally in the dark.

The take is, you want others to help you but you dont want to spend time to read and learn, just want others to "help" i.e. spoon feed you.

my321 gave you the steps one can do BEFORE the critical truth that the hotel category has gone up is being revealed. With this new truth, yes, Good Luck to get it resolved with Marriott. Who knows? Miracle does happen every now and then. May be you really get lucky and have the last laugh. Strange things do happen.