FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:01 pm
ffsim

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by skybluesea
And I'm not the poster that originally raised the issue of a deflated seat meeting TC requirements...
I didn't say you were; I used "contributed" as meaning having offered your view on the matter to this discussion. IIRC, you were quick to seize on the importance of the seat's failure from a safety standpoint after a fellow poster initially raised it. I'm genuinely pleased that it has become a talking point in more recent posts.

Originally Posted by skybluesea
But of course blame me for what AC is doing...
A strange conclusion to draw from my post, especially since I did not talk about "what AC is doing," nor did I assign or infer blame

Originally Posted by canadiancow
But waking up after sleeping on a deflated seat for a few hours will result in significant pain.
Interestingly, the only time this has happened to me was on an LX flight last fall. There were two other FT members aboard and I mentioned to them how I hadn't realized the seat was deflated until I woke up after a few hours' sleep in significant pain. I'm now careful to identify any potential seat shortcoming before trying to get some shuteye.

Last edited by ffsim; Mar 4, 2019 at 12:10 pm Reason: vocabulary