FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheelchair for outgoing in Atlanta?
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:53 am
mfullmer

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
Wheelchair for outgoing in Atlanta?

I am dropping my 78 y/o mother off at Atlanta Airport tomorrow and am kind of worried about what to do once I get there. She cannot walk more than 10 feet or so a time and needs a wheelchair. I requested that service when I made her reservation with Delta. When her driver dropped her off at SFO, on the way out here, he called ahead and they had a wheelchair waiting as he dropped her off. I don't know if this means SFO or Delta personnel. Anyone have any ideas of whether I should call Delta (DM desk) ahead of time or of I should try to find some kind of number for the airport? I'll be alone and park in the Gold Reserve parking but she would not be able to walk from there and I don't just want to drop her off and tell her to go inside and sit, or if there are even seats right by the door as I never go in that way. Being a DM/MM it's weird to have such a rudimentary question about flying/airports! lol