FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to upgrade to business - award availability?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:36 pm
mccartje

Originally Posted by Rearviewmirror1
The plot thickens. I just called Aer Lingus (again) and they said I can't use points to upgrade with them unless I have status, and would have to go through Avios?!
Getting a bit silly now, status has nothing to do with using avios to upgrade bar the fact you need to be an aerclub member so I suppose you need green 'status'. One of the next big things aer lingus needs to address is the interaction and ease of use with the avios system, something akin to BAEC (which isn't without its issues as I found out just last week but still far better than EI - avios.com).

Obviously time is a factor here with the seat availability remaining so I wonder if calling aer lingus and being quite demanding about the fact they are offering a service and should have the ability to deliver within reason of your perfectly routine request. I wonder have you been unlucky with the knowledge/ability of the people you are on the phone to. Using avios and getting good value is difficult enough at the best of times, this kind of run around given to people legitimately trying to use them on available reward space really gets on my nerves.