FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to upgrade to business - award availability?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:21 pm
mccartje

Originally Posted by Rearviewmirror1
So it looks like there is now 2 seats of availability... I called the Aer Lingus Aer Club number and they said I have to call Avios? I wanted to check the availability before transferring my Chase points over to Aer Lingus, but the Avios line is only open Monday to Friday...

Any ideas here? I want to be 100% I can use the points before transferring them over to Aer Lingus.
There are currently 3 seat available. Assuming in the time it takes you to transfer avios and go through the booking procedure they aren't taken you should be fine. With Aer Linugs you HAVE to go through avios.com to book flights. Your login for avios.com is the same as your aerclub login. Transfer from chase points is instantaneous and then you should be able to book straight away. I've uploaded the screen shot so you can see the associated fees for 2x one way IAD-DUB 27th June.

Just realised you want to upgrade into these tickets....they typically say to email them at [email protected] to upgrade but I'm not sure how quick they are at this especially if 'out of hours'. I've not heard of calling avios to do it.

Last edited by mccartje; Mar 2, 2019 at 12:31 pm