FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AQD not posting
Thread: AQD not posting
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:52 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
This is advice to any of you who are using an AC eCoupon as a form of payment on any tickets.

Last fall, I noticed AQD was missing and it was exactly the amount of an eCoupon I used to pay for part of the cost of a the ticket.

I sent in the AQD Discrepancy Form and got an apology that the correct amount has now been credited. The AQD Lady chose to create an entirely separate line on the AQD chart, listing the amount as MISC and the ticket # and date etc.
I sent an email back saying that is not how it works, but whatever.

Well, here we are in 2019. I'm not the only one who is receiving AQD for flights that is conveniently missing the amount that is EXACTLY what was the value of the eCoupon I used.

So, for any and all of you who are using an eCoupon for a ticket, watch your AQD like a hawk and trust no one. LOL

I certainly understand that AC and all airlines are shouting form the hilltops "Show me the %&!?&$ Money", but IMHO, AC was neither ready to launch this, still can't get it right and worse, doesn't have the skills to make sure that an eCoupon given to us for deflated service, is a FORM OF PAYMENT, not something they get to deduct from our AQD.

And yes, as a FT friend just reminded me "don’t confuse malicious intent with incompetence". Indeed.

Rant over. May soon feel zen.
I suspected this was the case with my New Years trip. 2-pax PNR, and it was the other pax who had the voucher, but of course it was deducted from the AQD for me, the first pax on the PNR.

I should write in about that before I forget. Though I doubt it's going to make a difference for my qualification.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Does anyone getting <SE have trouble getting AQD given their miles or segments?
Yes. I have a friend who is considering crediting flights to AC this year. He's a non-resident. He'll easily blow past 35k AQM by end of month, but he won't even have the non-resident AQD for E35K after that.