FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8-Night Swiss Itinerary - Help Needed - Oct. 2019 via JFK>GVA>ZRH>JFK
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:29 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Thanks for the response @nrr !

For sure we will be watching the weather closely before venturing up for any of the mountain adventures, and hopefully having the few extra days in Zermatt and Lucerne will help us out in regard to that. Any weather app or website you recommend?

By the way there was a typo between my base 2/3 routes (now corrected), but I see you prefer the later option to get the most out of the GP route. So Base 1 would be Zermatt and Base 2: Montreux, Base 3: Lucern. 2 to 3 via full GP route.

I'll also look into the VIP seat option on those GP sections as well... How soon ahead of the trip would that be available to me? Would I be reserving a seat at the same time as my full STP purchase?

And thanks for the Lake Lucerne tips/trips as well... Rigi over Pilatus in your opinion? Worth doing both if time allows?
The STP is purchased from SBB or another agency. To reserve VIP, you would use MOB at GoldenPass two trains/day have them, I'm not sure of how far in advance, go to that site "experiment"!
Another option: if you go to Goshenen you can take a train to Andermatt and then to Brig, but going north via Lotschberg Pass instead of the tunnel, very nice scenery.
Re weather, I go to Switz. often and any of the weather sites NEVER seem to be accurate.