FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Epic Disgrace by AA on 2/26 AA126 HKG-DFW diversion to HND
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:33 pm
IWontRegretThis

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm shocked that passengers would be kept on board for four hours after landing when the MX problem was toilets that didn't work. People need to use toilets and moreover there might have been a smell or even hygiene issues if overflowing sewage was present in the cabin. To me this is much more serious than hotel and food vouchers.
That PLUS no food or water was offered while they were on the ground.

As an update, I got her to hotel no issue, but now the ongoing flight is delayed till 930pm the following day - and they will not let me change her to the 620PM NRT DFW flight either because she has checked bags... that they couldnt reclaim tonight because no AA staff that late at HND aparently. So now she is trapped on this flight unless she gets up super early (less than 7hr after getting off the plane) to go BACK to HND from Shinjuku, get her bags, then hope she can still swap to the NRT flight then treck there. What a nightmare.

Originally Posted by freecia
Did they provide transportation to the Hilton? HND transportation tends to close down after 2 am (late night limo bus) and doesn't resume until 5 am (train). That's a long time to wait after such incidents. MK Taxi offers a flat rate https://tokyomk.com/en/airport.html
7-11 has 24 hour locations & ATMs in HND terminal which would allow her to withdraw cash for food and transportation. Seven bank ATMs work with international accounts https://www.sevenbank.co.jp/intlcard/index2.html
Nope, told everyone to get a taxi or "find their own way", I got her a Uber Black so left immediatly, she said she recognized at least 20 people in the taxi line from her flight alone.

I was able to get the Hilton to take my CC for her rate + food, so she is all set now thank goodness.