FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reminder: Buy ticket at airport counter, save $19 per segment
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:43 am
transparent

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
I went out to LGA Terminal C today to buy some tickets for some friends and myself. They have some insanely inexpensive flights for LGA/MIA around Art Basel, and for the return flight on Sunday, it was $69.20 vs almost $300 on any other carrier.

Anyway I went around 1PM because I didn't know what time the ticket counter opens. It turns out that the ticket counter opened at 3PM. The agents told me that they don't issue tickets at the airport any longer because of a high error rate, and that I should go online to buy my tickets at flyfrontier.com. I stood my ground and asked for a supervisor, who backed up the other employee. I asked for her name and employee number, because I said that I would be sending a letter to the Frontier Corporate Offices about this, and she said she would sell me the tickets as a "one time exception", she was pretty disgruntled the entire time I was reading off the flight numbers and names, etc.
I forgot to confirm the hours they are open, but I also stopped by the Frontier counter at LGA Terminal C recently to purchase a one-way ticket while I was doing the same thing for Spirit one counter over. Saved the $19, just walked up (not much of a line around 7pm on a Sunday) and just said I wanted to purchase a ticket when asked if I was checking in. No pushback or anything, just about 3-5 min of tapping away at the computer and my ticket was issued. Maybe you paved the way?