Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Reminder: Buy ticket at airport counter, save $19 per segment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reminder: Buy ticket at airport counter, save $19 per segment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I tried this once. Once I added up how much in cost in the end with baggage fees, it really wasn't much cheaper, and not worth the hassle.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jtc331

Just to add another datapoint; I’ve confirmed (by doing it yesterday at GSP) that you can purchase tickets at the airport AND you are able to use electronic vouchers (I received after a flight cancellation) as payment.
Thanks for data point. I just got a $50 voucher for my flight being cancelled. I came on here to research if it could be used at airport bc otherwise, it would only be an $8 saving since the fee is now $42 total .

I'll be trying soon.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Online only. Promo codes are valid online only, as well.
Originally Posted by SpencerC11
Anyone know if you can still get the Den Deals pricing at the airport? Or is that online only?
Sorry for being a Frontier newbie, but does the carrier fee apply to the Den Deals and special offers? Just to check, I picked some $20 flights and went all the way to checkout and it was only $40 at the point where it was asking for payment... Does that include the fee?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Keith Evans
Sorry for being a Frontier newbie, but does the carrier fee apply to the Den Deals and special offers? Just to check, I picked some $20 flights and went all the way to checkout and it was only $40 at the point where it was asking for payment... Does that include the fee?
Buying at airport counter cannot be combined with a online discount (i.e. 50% off) or the discount den. The discount den typically gives $10 off/flight, whereas the fee is typically $19 (although I have seen it lately as $23).

On some very cheap fares though, the fee is less (just have to check the breakdown during checkout)
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
Originally Posted by Mgoblueno1
Buying at airport counter cannot be combined with a online discount (i.e. 50% off) or the discount den. The discount den typically gives $10 off/flight, whereas the fee is typically $19 (although I have seen it lately as $23).

On some very cheap fares though, the fee is less (just have to check the breakdown during checkout)
Ah, I see. So the fee is already factored in to the online price. This is helpful, because those prices are what I base my impromptu weekend trips off of.

I was thinking there was a rule (law?) that the price shown must be the price for which you can actually buy the ticket inclusive of all mandatory fees, so something wasn't sitting well with me. It makes sense now.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:25 pm

Just tried this today. Saved $44 minus $6 to park at the airport.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
Thanks for data point. I just got a $50 voucher for my flight being cancelled. I came on here to research if it could be used at airport bc otherwise, it would only be an $8 saving since the fee is now $42 total .

I'll be trying soon.
I noticed I never posted results. I've done it twice now. First time in LAS agent initially tried to tell me I couldn't use voucher. Im lucky I had researched prior to trying or i would have given up. After I initiated it was possible, she figured it out.

At ORD a few weeks ago, agent had no problem using my $50 voucher .
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
The things you learn...thanks for this info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.