FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) by Airbnb Guests
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:07 pm
lamphs

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
From renting weekly vacation homes:

Keurig or regular coffee maker? Do you have filters? Pods?
Do I need to buy toilet paper before I get there? Soap? Dish soap?
what time can we get there?
Where is the key?
Is there a flashlight and a lighter?
where is the WiFi code?
is the fireplace operational? Is the flue open?
Where do we put the trash? Do we need to put the bins on the street for pickup? What day?
wheres the fuse box?
nearest/best grocery store?

Having just stayed in properties in Costa Rica and Malta, the above list is fairly comprehensive. But I'd add four questions:

-Smoke/CO detector. Gas-powered appliances and CO leaks - deadly. In fact, I now have a travel smoke/CO detector.
-Appliances in foreign countries - in Malta, I needed to go online to obtain instructions for the heat, clothes washer, and microwave, so having simple instructions for each appliance would be useful. (All of the appliances used symbols not used in the US.)
-Address. I stayed in a suburb of San Jose. I had the property's address, but it was not an address recognized by Uber. The property owner had to text me the 'Uber' address, which was considerably different than the address from the reservation. The owner apologized.
-Is it a primary residence? The CR property turned out to be a primary residence, being rented while the owners were traveling in Europe. It was a bit impractical in that I had to live out of my suitcase for a week as the closets and drawers were filled. And it was just a bit strange.