FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SHANGHAI: Grand Hyatt vs Park Hyatt vs Bund
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:58 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CIT85
We have corporate rates at most Hyatt, availability depends on occupancy. However, I have not found a corporate rate for Sukhothai (since it's part of Small Luxury Hotel group), and my search dates have standard rates >2000 RMB, too high to justify for Shanghai Andaz rates are also high for some of my dates, and always higher than GH.

I know you don't care for People's Square area, but it's at least convenient. That's why I tended to stay at LRM and JW Marriott. Corporate rate of 1100 RMB at JW Marriott is also very nice.
I'm amazed that your post is one of the few in this long thread that discusses the price issue. Regardless of who is footing the bill, I could certainly get over my dislike for People's Square if the JW was Y900 less than the Andaz! That having been said, I'm guessing that a phone call to the Sukhothai might end up scoring you a rate comparable to the JW; their occupancy rates aren't especially high yet, and I'm sure they would value your business.