FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SHANGHAI: Grand Hyatt vs Park Hyatt vs Bund
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:46 am
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moondog
I personally care MUCH more about location than quality because traffic can be awful. As such, I need to be on Line 10 or Line 13, but Line 2 clearly makes more sense for you. Why not give the Sukhothai a test drive? It's in Jing'an, and is close to the Nanjing Xi Lu metro station, which gives you 2, 12, and 13. There are also good restaurants nearby.
We have corporate rates at most Hyatt, availability depends on occupancy. However, I have not found a corporate rate for Sukhothai (since it's part of Small Luxury Hotel group), and my search dates have standard rates >2000 RMB, too high to justify for Shanghai Andaz rates are also high for some of my dates, and always higher than GH.

I know you don't care for People's Square area, but it's at least convenient. That's why I tended to stay at LRM and JW Marriott. Corporate rate of 1100 RMB at JW Marriott is also very nice.

Originally Posted by krispykrme
I personally like PH way better than any other Hyatt property in Shanghai.

1. It’s quiet and very private.
2. There are good restaurants at basement and first 2 floors.

The only thing I don’t like about the PH is the breakfast is so so. Other than that- just much better than GH.

I cant stand Andaz interior. Breakfast also horrible.
I stayed at PH once. The interior wood paneling finish is sticky (I read discussions about that on PH thread after my stay), which I really don't care for.