FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:01 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Don't remember the exact times but they were "normal" - basically 7-10 for breakfast or thereabouts, and the evening happy hour w/appetizers ran around 6 - 8 or so. It's a very good club lounge with high quality food...

As for the SEAWEED... I really feel like this is an overblown issue. The beach is still plenty usable for bobbing and swimming regardless of seaweed. They remove it quickly and I've never noticed much of a smell. It's not even always there... BUT hey there's so much else to do! Want to snorkel? Go on a tour to a reef and seaweed won't be an issue. Beach snorkeling isn't great anyway under any circumstances. Check out the X Parks (there's several) and you'll basically discover the Mexican version of Disney theme parks (extremely high quality, detailed, creative, but not high tech or super high budget like Disney - also not nearly as expensive). Then there's the archaeological stuff if that interests you (Pyramids). All of this is on top of Playa itself, a super charming and wonderful town.

Don't miss this great hotel (amazing architecture, great service, good food, etc..) over the overblown seaweed issue. With luck, you might not even see any...
Honestly this makes me feel better. And I really am psyched about this GH. About three years ago I went to the one and only all inclusive I will ever go to (just not my thing), the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya. We had amazing snorkeling right off the beach. Saw sting rays and tons of fish etc. So I do like that. But I also will just need a really nice resort by the time we get there on this particular trip. GH seems perfect for that. We head to Cozumel for a few nights at the end of our week so can snorkel there.

I do try to limit the the number of excursions we do bc with a family of five the price goes up FAST. My teens will enjoy the freedom of going into the lounge for soda and also the good food in town. They loved the Malecon in PVR.