FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:18 pm
dimramon

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I just arrived at this location. I used their limo service since I had a late night arrival (3AM) and I wanted to get to bed asap.
Someone welcomed me as an "ambassador guest", and brought me to the room where check-in took place. I had reserved a premier room, and that's the room I was given. Not sure if it's the partial sea view, or something else, but I guess I'll find out in the morning.
I was given drink chits (4 total for nights), and then he tried to upsell me to a "better room" for 3400 rp a night, which would give me a room on a higher floor, and unlimited cocktails between 6 and 8PM.
I was surprised by the upsell, and have never experienced that before.
When he came back up with my CC and passport, I wanted to confirm what he had offered, and he told me it was "actually now 5500 rps a night". I asked if that was for the same room on a higher floor, or a suite, and it sounded like it would be a suite.

I've never encountered this at a hotel, and it is making me uncomfortable.

Update: After two calls and some persistence on my end, I was able to get connected to an ambassador manager. He was going to email the hotel (as it was late at night), so I may wait to hear back from him, or just go downstairs and ask for a manager.

Last edited by dimramon; Feb 24, 2019 at 10:27 pm