FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:43 am
krispykrme

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
I just attempted a SAUA on a B ticket. Before booking I checked expertflyer (shows I as >1 available), UA (available) and Aeroplan (available), and for good measure, Award Nexus search for 2 seats = available.

After ticketing, I was shocked to see "upgrade not available" on both AC and UA site.

I've probably upgraded a dozen SAUA tickets in the last few years and only today ran into the problem. Was wondering if there are any suggestions as to how I can go at it? I was going to try calling BR and AC but usually I have relatively low hope for phone agents being able to nudge the inventory. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Usually that happens when UA system has a glitch and I inventory would disappear even though it shows available on the award page. Or someone has just taken that space.

After couple hours it should be able to book. I had seen this before. But it would clear after couple hours and you can try again. I space would all of the sudden disappeared and reappear again. My experience is that I would check I space on UA own site as well expertflyer. Then book the SAUA upgrade. In few rare cases- it would say that no upgrade despite expert flyer say I available. Usually happens when UA website slows down. Then you check the UA award space again- I class would miraculously disappeared. Wait couple hours- it would show up again. This has happened to me when UA website has issues. I suspect that while performing the SAUA upgrade it would lock up the I space but glitch prevented UA side complete transaction. But it will eventually release the I space back out and should be bookable.

Last edited by krispykrme; Feb 23, 2019 at 3:51 am