FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:04 am
ginmqi

Originally Posted by Happy
The current language sounds like if you ever have this card before, you will not receive bonus.

See below the additional languages in the second paragraph bolded by me - seems like Barclays has adopted AMEX approach.
  • Offer subject to credit approval. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your obligations, we may not be able to open an account for you. This offer is available to new cardmembers only. The annual fee will be waived the first year and then automatically bill to your account every twelve months after account opening. For information about rates, fees, the annual fee, other costs, the rewards program information and benefits associated with the use of the credit card program, please see the Terms and Conditions.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings).
Indeed this is my concern as posted above, as were other posters. I had the Arrivals+ card about 3-4 years ago and I'm a very light churner so we'll see.

The fact that they do have the word "MAY" in that sentence does make it a tad bit more reassuring....but we'll see

As of tonight I've met the $5k spend requirement. It'll be paid off in the next 1-2 days in full so we'll see if that 70k shows up......fingers crossed.

Will immediately update and post to this as a data point...one way or another.