FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:28 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by MQS007
The Wiki lists YYZ SYD at 15540 so return that is 31,080 and with the 150 % for J that gets one to 46,620. YYZ PER is 18050 so return in J should be 54,150 or am I missing something?
No no ... you're confusing mileage earned with mileage received for flying.

This thread as a whole is about the mileage you're permitted to fly when spending 75K Aeroplan on economy award / 150K on business class award tickets.

What you're referring to is paying to earn mileage on a ticket, which is a completely different conversation. You will earn miles as per Great Circle Mapper - check mileage between the cities you want to fly to - and 150% will not earn you lifetime mileage as only base mileage will count towards lifetime.

Which makes me wonder then - how do you know you need 110K for lifetime? Is this because you've earned 880K Aeroplan so far? I'm afraid this will have absolutely nothing to do with lifetime Air Canada Altitude status... or any sort of lifetime status, in fact. That's just miles you can use to spend on flights. Or toasters in the Aeroplan store. This will not grant you lifetime Air Canada benefits.