FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:11 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by funkbandit
I beg to differ. For example, if the superior room is the "standard room" you can LNF/BRG this room type against an OTA calling it "standard room".
I have also had success with name similarities like "Harbour view" and "Sea view" when the property didn't distinguish on its MR site. Or "Park view" and "Garden view". Those went through alright.

You are right when you say that "standard" won't LNF/BRG against "standard with a view" since these two names are fairly dissimilar (and clearly state a difference).
please read my original post. It does not matter what the name is. What matters is whether the room offered on Marriott is the lowest room category the hotel offers ... then you can claim against a 'standard' room with a 3rd part even if the name does not sound similar at all. There are plenty of cases where the lowest room sold on Marriott.com is NOT the lowest room category in which case you are out of luck with LNF/BRG (I realize this was different w/ SPG).