FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United and Aer Lingus business award flight lounge access
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:33 am
guber

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, United 1K
United and Aer Lingus business award flight lounge access

Booked an award flight for my mom with United, from SFO to Dublin. First flight is from SFO to SEA (UA277) in United first class. Second flight from SEA to DUB (EI142) in Aer Lingus business class.

At SFO the United club would not allow her into the lounge. I spoke to the 1K desk and they said they should have access. I called my mom who put me onto to the person at the lounge who just flat out refused to even discuss it.

I am aware that a domestic first class ticket doesn't give access, but surely the international business class ticket booked on the same reservation should? I called the 1K line again and the person was very unhelpful. She told me that because the second flight is on Aer Lingus she would not be entitled to lounge access at the united club. I tried to argue that the ticket was booked on United, and the Aer Lingus website, if I understand it correctly, states that she should have access.
  • United Airlines Codeshare Guests

If you’re an Aer Lingus business class guest traveling to or from North America and beyond via Chicago, we’ve got good news for you! Guests on Aer Lingus codeshare flights operated by our partner, United Airlines, can enjoy access to United Airlines airport lounges.

Business class guests connecting to or from United Airlines flights now have access to United Club lounges at airports including Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Minneapolis. To access the United Airlines lounge simply present your Aer Lingus Business Class boarding pass and your United Airlines boarding pass at the lounge

The response I received was, "nothing I can do, but I will get someone to call you back later in the day".

Are United wrong here? It was my moms first time flying business class, and it was a bad start to the day. Hopefully when she lands in Seattle she will have a better experience.