FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair, stop waitlisted upgrades!
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:05 am
Vesseli

Programs: AY+ Silver, IHG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Vesseli
As a "non-status 50k once-in-a-lifetime horder who doesn´t have the cash to pay for J", I don´t like the system at all.

Another funny thing about the "View availability for business class upgrade" -tool is that if you check the flights separately, the system shows space in business, but if you combine the whole while (feeder+long haul), then there is none.
I had that now for my trip to LAX. Checked the tool for FRA-HEL and HEL-LAX, both has availability separately, but FRA-HEL shows 0. Called CS and got put on a waitlist. Wife is a low silver, im non-status so going to be a nice trip with only handluggage to LAX!

I even told the CS that f*ck that feeder, there is availability for the HEL-LAX, just use 50k per person to upgrade that and I dont care about the 2,5h intra-european shorthaul. Not possible they said. Either everything or nothing. Cool.

"If you haven’t booked flights yet, check the upgrade availability for your desired route and make your booking. After that, you can request a travel class upgrade conveniently online." Yea, right. Nice and easy.

I have an update for the matter. I sent complaint through feedback form and got first denied twice but then all of a sudden they just replied "I asked another department. We have now upgraded 3 legs of your 4 . Thank you."
Best was that they answered to me that one whole flight was fully booked (in September 2019) which obviously was a lie So far no reason why 3 legs got approved but im fine with that. Last leg is a 2,5h jump so dont need the meal there.