FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:56 am
scwam

Originally Posted by andyyac1
Also... the price is the price. Wow... don’t like it, don’t buy it. Perhaps if the (overpriced) transfer cost leaves you outraged, the price of drinks there might give you a stress induced migraine. Will you contest $15 for a beer as ridiculous... after all it’s 90cents in your convenience store? It is ridiculous, but you, I and everyone else can chose to stay at home, drink cheap beer, and watch a paradise show on TV. No?
A definite No. It's called bait and switch in my terms. When I have a reasonable expectation of the accuracy of a written quote, I don't expect it to be later changed to double price irregardless whether I pay in points or cash. Do you expect your auto insurance to drop your wife's medical injuries in a car accident with you when the policy terms explicitly state immediate family members will be covered too? I saw where you looked for justification with your argument on one of the other popular forums. Of course they are going to agree with you when you told them that you initially were lashed out against here.

And just to put things into perspective. I redeemed points for Ritz Carlton in Tokyo on my wife's birthday. When I paid $27 for a Margherita, that was also just one part of my expectation in both the F & the B. As well as my wife, a person well accustomed to fine food and service (being in that industry) complained to the main restaurant in that Ritz Carlton about 2 particular dishes which didn't taste fresh or were off. I let it slide, but she wanted to make it known to the head chef. '"They need to know" was her basis, not to (as you seem to think) finagle them in order to get something for nothing. 5* service equates to 5* results (as well as accuracy & a given without the need to even mention).

....And on a slight side note - I wonder if most of those people you see eating and taste-sampling while walking around the buffet and club lounge who act as if it were at a cocktail party are points burners or cash paying customers. I'd hope that as a points burner myself that I wouldn't be reduced to being stereotyped as such people.

Last edited by scwam; Feb 19, 2019 at 6:54 am