FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:01 pm
AznManDown

Originally Posted by qs933
Picked up Saturday afternoon. There was a single car on the Emerald line and about a half-dozen on the Exec line.

Exec line had:
- 2018 Ford Explorer Limited
- 2019 Ford Fusion SE
- VW Beetle Convertible
- 2x 2019 Subaru Forester
- Acura TLX

I had a luxury reservation and was offered a Cadillac XTS (2019 and 2018) or a Range Rover Evoque. I wanted to take the Evoque, but was trying to determine if I could fit 3 large suitcases in the back. There was a larger Range Rover Velar parked next to the Evoque and the agent mentioned it’d be an upcharge.

I figured I’d be able to squeeze into the Evoque, but the agent came back with the key to the Velar and said go ahead and take it. My rentals are booked as Luxury and are for less than a day, so I think that factors into getting these very nice upgrades.
What time in the afternoon did you pick up, if you don't mind me asking? I'm flying in on a Saturday next month (the 9th) and renting with National for the first time using the Exec perk from my Sapphire Reserve card. I know scrolling through this thread that it has been mentioned before that Sat/Sun/Mon are the busiest. I'm just trying to get a feel for how slim the pickings might be since my flight lands around 1. I booked a Full-Size but I've been debating on upping the class on it.

Thanks!