FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LA: MIA-JNB r/t in J for ~$2,300
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:18 pm
globetrotter85

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I feel your pain. I was (or still am) trying to get them to rebook my flights as first flight comencing after 4 mths stopover and it is just mindblowing. Finally I got answer in form of email after about 2 weeks, which is actually legit:

-Change the date of the flight, without additional charge, for any date from 7 days before and 15 days after the affected flight. You will not have to pay a fine for the date change outside the specified date range, but the fair amount may vary.
-Change the route of flight without penalty for any available date, paying the fare differences that may be generated with the change.
-Request a reimbursement for the ticket and embarkation fees, not used on the trip.

But when they say " To make this change effective or confirm your itinerary, we ask that you call our Contact Center," and they tell you there is no way the can do it apart from filling another form. Next time, definitely booking via TA.

I also asked how much I would be refunded, as this was one of the options they offered, and only answer I got was "we dont know, just will out the form and you will find out from your bank account "
Yes, the dreaded contact center / online form. Basically the black hole of customer service requests. I've shared my story in other FF forums and the feedback has been incredibly consistent -- LATAM is a nightmare to deal with, so you basically have to pray your original ticket doesn't require any changes (or isn't changed involuntarily). It's amazing they're able to conduct business in this manner. I would love to see USDOT slap them with some massive penalties for the way they operate.