FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LA: MIA-JNB r/t in J for ~$2,300
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:55 am
globetrotter85

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarJon
GlobeTrotter... Thank you for the great insight you provided.... Our itinerary is the same as yours except we end in JNB. So, far... and I double checked everything, we are still on the same routing.... However, we are still about 9 weeks out..... Thank you again and I do hope it gets straightened out..... One further question.... Did you enjoy SA? Thanks... Jon

PS. After reading a previous post we are scrambling to get a Yellow Fever Vaccination before we leave.......
We were on the new SA A330 and it was light years better than any of the LA/JJ equipment (incl. their Dreamliner). Aside from the equipment, the service was noteceably better as well, even though it was only a 2-hr flight! If I weren’t chained to oneworld by my emerald status, I would have gladly opted for SA between GRU and JNB.

Good call on the yellow fever vaccine. They didn’t ask for proof of our inoculations when arriving in South Africa, but I wouldn’t risk it.