FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting charged for a stopover
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:41 am
Alisonnoonan

Programs: Skywards (Gold), Star Alliance (Gold), Turkish Airlines (Elite +)
Originally Posted by Steve M
The wording does seem unambiguous to me. I wonder if it's a matter of what they have loaded into whatever makes auto-price work is different than the text description of the fare, and that agents are used to accepting that "auto-price is always correct" and work backward from there when interpreting the text.

Separate from whether your second stopover should or should not be free, there is the matter of the change fee. From the way it looks to me, you are liable for whatever the stated change fee is because you, well, are changing the flights. The fact that you are entitled to a second free stopover is a separate matter from whether the change fee applies - you'd get that for free, had you booked it that way at time of original ticketing.
Yes I was fully expecting the £100 change fee, no issues with that. I have no problem with any fees that are clearly stated upfront, only with fees that contradict the T&Cs.
A saver return with a £100 date change fee is still cheaper than 2 1-way tickets so I often do this.
Maybe your theory is right. They need to look into it though. It was really stressful.
The twitter team confirmed my interpretation of the T&Cs was correct so I have just sent them a lengthy email about my experience.
The worst thing was my hotel wifi wasn't working well enough to support phone calls online and I was on hold so long I ran out of credit on my foreign SIM and had to walk 30 to a 7-11 in the middle of the night alone.