FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't add funds to Uber Cash (Amex credit?)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:33 am
porciuscato

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Can't add funds to Uber Cash (Amex credit?)

I am completely unable to add funds to my Uber Cash balance with a credit card. When I attempt it, I get this message:

Unable to complete purchase. There was an error processing your request.
When I use the same card to add funds to my wife's Uber Cash account, it works just fine. When I use the same credit card to pay for a ride, it also works just fine. It's only a problem when I try to add funds to my own Uber Cash account. Actually, I've now tried 5 different cards, including Amex, Visa, and Mastercard. I get the same error every time.

I should note that I also get an error when I try to use the $15 monthly Amex credit and the fare is higher than $15. It won't let me pay the balance with a credit card. So It only works if the fare is under $15.

Uber support has been completely and utterly worthless. 10 messages back and forth and they're still giving me inane suggestions like "check your CC expiration date." I'm thinking maybe this is a backhanded trick to prevent people from using the Amex credit.