FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Dixon, Autograph Collection - London, England [Master Thread]
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:07 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Discostu58
Doing 4 nights in London in April and am taking the parents. it will be their first time in London while I have been there several times. My parents are getting older so I dont want to walk a ton. I have stayed at Xenia (liked that hotel and area) and Great Northern (too expensive for us this trip) and are now deciding between Dixon, St. Ermins, Xenia, anything else? Looking for a good somewhat non-touristy area that is close to the tube. I am currently Plat but will most likely drop to Gold by the time since i did not re-qualify last year. I think this will meet all of my needs?
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Dixon is a five min walk to Tower of London, a ten min walk to London bridge tube station giving you easy access to all of London. I found a great tapas place and other great places to eat in the st Katherine’s dock area

Not done xenia but I’d take Dixon over st ermins any day of the week but I will concede st ermins location is fantastic. I hate st ermins rooms though, enough to make sure I never return

rooms = Dixon wins, probably one of the better marriot hotel room wise in London in terms of size and being brand new

location = st ermins
St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection has small rooms, especially if you're dropping to gold by the time of your stay. I couldn't imagine spending 4 days there with my parents, especially with one bathroom.

On the other hand, are you getting one or two rooms? Points or cash?

What do your parents want to do and see?

You might want to check cash rates at the Marriott Maida Vale and the Marriott Regent's Park.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Feb 17, 2019 at 8:00 pm Reason: typo