FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:59 pm
Chowtime

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by monkai
I was on AC101 YYZ-YVR, a couple weeks ago. In 8A on the 787-9 (FIN 850), and first thing I did when getting on was to check the seat. The seat back was completely deflated. Adjusting the mattress setting did nothing.

Quick discussion with an FA, then SD, resulted in maintenance coming. He did the seat reset from underneath by the aisle. It magically inflated, great! Then he did the Rondel reset, played with it for a bit... and decided it still wasn't working properly. A call to his colleague to deliver a new upper mattress. At this point it was about 15min to departure, and they had a non-rev identified who's seat I could take. The maintenance guys didn't want to delay the flight, but hustled and replaced the seat back in ten minutes.

It all came together and I slept most of the way back to Vancouver without any issues. Kudos to the SD and maintenance guys for making sure the seat was fixed properly.

Thanks 24left for photo attachment instructions. I've been meaning to reply to this thread for a while...
I also had 8A on 787-9 down a couple of weeks ago. LHR-YYC on Feb 2. Not sure what my Fin number was, what date was yours, could be a good chance it was the same plane and seat. If it were, I wonder how many flights after me until it was actually fixed on your flight.