FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:29 am
ph-ndr

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by tomj888
Thru flyertalk family and bloggers(lucky) I read Qatar has Q-suites out of LAX-DOH
flight 740 outbound
flight 739 return. ‘Qatar has great fare sale for one world miles and spend to BKK.
so I booked LAX-DOH-BKK in late October. Seven day trip. I booked those fares, confirmed with AA about R class dollars and miles. Made the booking but no matter what I did on Qatar website I could not select seats. So I finally had to pay for the booking and then and only then could I see and select seats. To my surprise, the 77L is the old 2-2-2 seats. No way do I want to fly those frames. Called Qatar, and they basically said too bad. I said I should of been able to look at seat maps prior to booking and had I seen that no way I book that flight. Qatar is holding fast that it’s too bad and they want to charge me $1075 to cancel the booking. I’m well within the 24 purchase window that all American airline flights allow me to cancel with no penalties. Can anyone suggest what I can do please?
i do believe I can call my credit card company to challenge??
The 777's with 2-2-2 are actually very roomy and comfy in my view. Having tried QSuite I'd say I'd take the 2-2-2 config over QSuites any day. By far. QSuites is only worth a rant. Also, as others have said, QR changes airplanes and socks at the roughly same pace. My record is having one boarding pass leaving the lounge just having swapped to a better seat, and arriving at the gate I got a new one as the type had been changed, so never count your cows with this airline.

-A