FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:16 pm
clubeurope

Originally Posted by tomj888
Thru flyertalk family and bloggers(lucky) I read Qatar has Q-suites out of LAX-DOH
flight 740 outbound
flight 739 return. ‘Qatar has great fare sale for one world miles and spend to BKK.
so I booked LAX-DOH-BKK in late October. Seven day trip. I booked those fares, confirmed with AA about R class dollars and miles. Made the booking but no matter what I did on Qatar website I could not select seats. So I finally had to pay for the booking and then and only then could I see and select seats. To my surprise, the 77L is the old 2-2-2 seats. No way do I want to fly those frames. Called Qatar, and they basically said too bad. I said I should of been able to look at seat maps prior to booking and had I seen that no way I book that flight. Qatar is holding fast that it’s too bad and they want to charge me $1075 to cancel the booking. I’m well within the 24 purchase window that all American airline flights allow me to cancel with no penalties. Can anyone suggest what I can do please?
i do believe I can call my credit card company to challenge??
mate, those old 77Ls are really comfy even w/o qsuites. There are a few airlines makes it the case that you cannot select seats before paying, QR being one of those. Yet, you still can easily see it through services like expertflyer, or even through the descriptions on Google Flights.

If US is your point of sale, then you technically should be able to have that 24 grace period. If not, then no.