FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:55 pm
PupManS

Programs: DL,US
Ski Flights from NYC!

NYC based ski flights. BZE, EGE, RNO, HDN, MTJ, ABQ, YYC, JAC more than Saturdays....given the incomes of NYC area Delta loyalists, it’s highly likely many ski, and it’s a mystery to me why DL lets UA and AA sweep up all the high yield traffic on EGE and doesn’t try to compete with UA on many of the others. The JAC flight is an interesting use of a transatlantic airplane in the winter, and I’m sure other such flights could make money too. SLC connections aren’t really that great either, as they drive more backtracking than UA through DEN for smaller places like ASE, SUN, Kelwona/Revelstoke and Gunnison.

As long as I’m dreaming, once ASE widens the runway, I would bet the A220 could get there from NYC. What an idea for a LGA Saturday flight. Investment bankers on vacation would hit that hard.

Lack of RNO is particularly awful as the only alternative is Jetblue....which diverts often, is uncomfortable, and expensive.....