FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:18 pm
WaytoomuchEurope

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Plumber
I believe that if AC was actually worried about this, they would have fixed the seats already.
I still think it's not that simple. I honestly don't think AC is ignoring the problem; they simply cannot be THAT obtuse. What I think is happening is a bitter argument with the seat manufacturer and trying to come to agreements of who is going to pay what for the fix.

AC would never willingly hold the bag for this and nor would any other company in this situation. The seat is a component they didn't manufacture on a plane they didn't manufacture. They are the end user and one assumes they are firmly in the camp of trying to get the seat manufacturer and in all likelihood Boeing to solve this problem for them, and more importantly, to pay the bill.

The problem, as pointed out multiple times throughout this thread, is the poor communication, and now increasingly the unwillingness to properly compensate. I'm taking a wild guess here but I suspect they've reached some dollar limit on liability that the seat manufacturer agreed to pay and all future compensation is coming directly out of ACs pocket. If that's actually the case, someone at AC should be fired because that's just terrible negotiating with the manufacturer.