FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:55 pm
Bohemian1

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
While I don't necessarily agree with the rest of your logic, your first sentence rings very true.

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I would think if the airline sends any personal communications to flyers affected by the deflated seats, it wouldn't be limited to the SE/MM crowd.
It's not hard (or at least shouldn't be hard) for AC to go through a list of their J pax with Aeroplan numbers over the past year or so and reach out to them with a nice email describing the issue and what they are doing to resolve it (see @24left post above). The fact that we own this problem instead of AC is simply maddening.

You folks are 'easy money'; your investments & loyalty are in the bank and it's increasingly unlikely you're going to meaningfully alter your spending habits with Air Canada.
I respectfully disagree.

Case in point, I have a last minute trip next week to GIG. I went out of my way to juggle itineraries to avoid or minimize AC 777/787 metal. I was partially successful and will be flying UA on the outbound.

Sadly, the only return that really worked from a schedule/cost/punishment perspective was on AC. So I will take along my new inflatable friend just in case.

All joking aside, that's a $12K return fare. Of which AC is now only going to get 50% instead of 100%. In my mind, they are lucky to get even that much out of me / my employer.

So for me, your statement needs a little correcting:

You folks are used to be 'easy money'; your investments & loyalty are were in the bank and it's increasingly unlikely likely you're going to meaningfully alter your spending habits with Air Canada.
And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Feb 15, 2019 at 1:03 pm Reason: Spelling eror