FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's Nostalgic? 1997 Timetable Highlights
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:58 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by AwyrCymru
I've had a quick look at the LHR-LGW Archives, and the 1995 lists appears only to show arrival aircraft into LHR. I looked through some of the BA shuttle flights and could only see the odd numbered shuttle flights, e.g. SHT3x, SHT5x (MAN/EGCC -> LHR, BFS/EGAA -> LHR), listed and none of the outbound even numbered flights. Therefore, I don't think that the list will show your outbound LHR-INV flight.

I've just found my old copy of Airport Timetables UK Summer 1995, and looking at the list for Inverness, [EGPE] it appears to show that the late night BA4136 (arrival time 2145 local) would night stop in Inverness and form the following morning's BA4145 to LHR, so there may be a good chance that the following flight on the 04-08-95 ..."BAW27K","GDOCN","734","B73S","EGPE","0758","0720" ,"B5L","0","09L","1",,"5","040895" ... operated the BA4136 the evening before.

Also i'm guessing that the times shown in the list will be in UTC, based on the QANTAS flight QF009. It's shown on the list with a scheduled arrival time of 0430. Airport Timetables UK lists this flight as scheduled to arrive at 0530 (which I know is listed as local time).

So would an arrival time
of around 16:55 local would that fit with the BA729 times you have? I guess as GVA would have been at UTC+2 in August that would fit with roughly a 16:35 local departure from GVA?
Just coming back to this, now that I've got back from my travels and am looking at the table I am trying to construct, do you think that the flight which left INV at 11h35 was the BA4145? I think at that time there was only one flight per day, but there might have been two. So it might be logical to imagine a flight which left INV for London at an earlier hour than 11h35 (which would probably have been the BA4145)? I seem to vaguely recall there being something around 7 in the morning and thinking I would never make that, especially coming from Caithness. But that number (BA4145) is very familiar somehow.

For the flight which continued to GVA at 15h35 I am guessing it was BA730 (unless your Airport Timetables UK say otherwise). I remember very clearly a Swissair flight (SR833 I think) which always left at 15h05. It seemed to be anchored on that time for many years.