FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - body scanner on flight via 3 airports
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:30 am
gsoltso

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by Basti
i am travelling with my family (kids are 4, 8 and 9) from germany to amsterdam to detroit to a small town and back small town to atlanta to france to germany.

1. we do not like to use a bodyscanner. we will start at a German airport to fly to amsterdam. will we have to use one in amsterdam or in detroit when we change planes and on our back tour in atlanta or in paris back to germany?

planes there and on our back tour in atlanta or in paris?

2. is it still possible to opt out in the us? is this possible in germany, the netherlands and france?

thank you so much.
I can not speak to what experience you will have in Germany or Amsterdam, but in the US the AIT is the primary type of screening. You can find the posted information about flying with children in the US at the TSA Traveling with Children site.

Since all of your children are under the age of 12, this particular passage should be of interest to you:

"TSA has developed modified screening procedures for children who appear under the age of 12. TSA Officers will consult parents or the traveling guardian about the best way to relieve any concerns during the screening of a child."

As to your second question, yes, you may always opt out of the AIT screening at all US Airports.