FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Blogs?
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:15 am
christep
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by fishball
Hong Kong Living maybe? very expat oriented
I'd be a bit wary of that site. For example, the first page I went to talks about a hike on Tung Lung Chau. It is illustrated with two very nice scenic photos. The problem is that those photos are of a completely different area of HK up in the NE New Territories! Moreover the information regarding the ferries is simply wrong! They don't run every day - only on Sat, Sun & PH. So any visitor trying to plan a trip is going to get mightily confused.

Other pages have statements like " Buses 6 and 66 (from Exchange Square) both go up to Parkview " which is simply not true.

For getting to Lamma Island it says " There are separate ferry services from Aberdeen to both of the main villages on the island: Yung Shue Wan and Sok Kwu Wan." with no mention of the (for most people) much more convenient routes from Central.

For the hike over High Junk Peak it says " Continue along High Junk Peak trail – the path is easy to follow". Well yes, but the High Junk Peak Trail doesn't go over High Junk Peak as the text implies.

I could go on. In other words, I would regard that site as misleading bordering on dangerous (in the hiking area).