FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narcotics for migraine confiscated by TSA
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:07 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gsoltso
I have no idea what caused this situation to happen, I was not there, and I have no other information aside from the OPs post. We see passengers coming through with rollaboards of nothing but medications, especially if they are traveling to or from treatment. I will not defend someone doing something against the SOP/Regs, so if that was indeed the case here, then there is no excuse.

I agree with you that the passenger should be able to come in, and get the same rules applied during screening. The only reason I include the TSA Cares info, is because if they are aware ahead of time, things tend to go a bit more smoothly because they can plan for it.

Just like most things in life - if you have prior notice, you can prepare ahead of time for them. If it is feasible, you can use a closed down lane with minimal staffing to give the passenger any special assistance they need - if they are unable to prepare, shifting resources around to accommodate can take time. It is simply suggested to help streamline the process for the passenger, and by extension the TSOs.
I'm confused why this passenger would need prior notice since they had nothing that needed extra attention/resources from TSA? 240 or so capsules would easily fit in one large medicine bottle but even then that is not a concern for TSA if it isn't LGA's.

You seem to completely ignore that narcotics were claimed to have been confiscated by TSA screener(s). What possible reason could a TSA screener present to do such a thing?