FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - discrimination against solo travellers
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:07 am
PDXREX62

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Not talking about cruises and single supplements, nor restaurants with different seating policies, but just hotels.

You pay the same amount as another person, who has 2 or more. And yet you get less benefits.

Breakfast benefit? Only for one person. Even though supposedly it is "free breakfast" and not a discount. What if it is a tiny amount and you want two portions? Or if it is a food and beverage credit?
When I travel, especially to visit my daughter, my hotel of choice offers a "free" very nice cooked to order full breakfast and a buffet table of fruits, yogurt, etc. Some time ago I noticed that the room price is the same whether I booked for one adult or two. This happened when my daughter asked if she could stay one night with me when her roommate's mother was visiting at the same time and would be staying at their apartment. Well, after that, I started booking the room for 2 adults, just in case and as a result, I always get two breakfast coupons per night in my card sleeve, no questions asked. If the room price is the same for one or two, just book for two.