FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Manila Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:01 am
metrostaycation

Originally Posted by ftrichard
I drove past it on Sunday morning after first spotting the Marriott when leaving Terminal 3 on my way to Sunday Brunch at the Sofitel in transit before returning home on Sunday evening. I didn't know it was brand new open.

I was unimpressed with the location but it's true that Grabs are cheap and it's not far from the city centre and Green Belt area. Not that Manila's an exploring and hanging out kind of city like Bangkok anyway. I think it would make a suitable base.

I checked out the rates though. Both the Sheraton and the Marriott. Give it a look. Are they kidding?

I just had four nights at the Courtyard Iloilo which was excellent and good value with a lounge and suite upgrade. I couldn't believe the rates these hotels are charging in Manila. I'm going to assume they will come down at some point...
It is a sad reality that hotel room rates here in Manila are some of the highest in the region, almost like Singapore and Hong Kong.

This is true for both local and international brands. Rates at Courtyard Iloilo are a bit more acceptable, primarily driven by the local competition.

Ortigas Center hotels relatively has lower room rates compared to the ones in Makati and BGC CBDs.

The ones near the airport (Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton) and the hotels in the bay area (Conrad, Hyatt Regency, Sofitel) also has CBD-level room rates.

​​​​​​So yes, the rates you saw are just normal here in Manila.