FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:29 am
traconbeac

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I think I see where you're going with it. If I look at gcmap though, SLC gets the job done pretty well. DEN might be better. Great Circle Mapper
AUS is really far south, if we wanted to put it in Texas DAL looks like a much better choice geographically.
Agree, in no way do I think AUS will be a full fledged hub (at least not until the late 2030s when those 32 additional gates might be completed as part of the master plan ).

/s

Worth remembering the scope of increase possible at least given what we know;
27 peak departures daily at present, going to 50 if the rumors are correct. Gives them 23 additional turns per day, if they were to do 2x daily, then we're looking at something like 11 destinations. I would get 0 utility out of 1x daily, especially if they were at random middle of day times like the CVG service.

I want added service to:
a. key markets, which is definitely the top priority to possible cities mentioned in earlier posts, but also
b. to big-enough markets that would require serious backtracking from a DL hub;
BHM might be tough, but stuff like MSY, STL, and MCI, maybe even IND.

Having had to fly these routes, I found I could not fly DL and had to choose WN because of the timing offered as a result of the routings. MCI was particularly egregious in that I flew directly over it an hour in the wrong direction to MSP. If only I had a parachute...

c. international service. BA upgauged their 787 to a 747 to LHR. Lufthansa is taking over from Condor to FRA year-round. DL has done one off for SXSW using a 764 to AMS. Would love to see it become permanent to establish parity with the other alliance offerings.

AUS is no PDX so not a snowball's chance in a Texas summer of seeing TPAC service, but that would be fun.