FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL652 suddenly canceled. NO explanation.
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:55 am
cauchy

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Well... a significant outbound change was made. It unilaterally went from an all KLM IAD>AMS>NBO to now a mixed bag of DL8631 / AF55 77W IAD>CDG in Z and DL9159 KENYA Air 788 in J.

So, we go from all KLM 789/744 to AF/Kenya and I get my first-ever 747 flight yanked away.

I am Charlie Brown and DL/SkyTeam is Lucy with the football... yet again.
OP if you aren't happy with these flights then its a lot of money on something you don't want. Can you travel the next day, perhaps keeping your original routing? Otherwise, you're entitled to an absolute refund, so you might want to see what else is out there.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Hold yiur horses on EU261 as this involves a cancellation there are various timescales that need to be met including if an earlier departure is involved as well as the difference between the actual and originally scheduled arrival times before EU261 kicks in. Also the OP would need to apply for it. kLM won’t just pay up.and of course the reason for the original cancellation is also important in determining if anything is due,

if you have been rebooked then that shows EU261 is working as the airline is doing all it can to minimise the delay.
OP, this is really important! You could get 0, 300 or 600 euros compensation per person, depending on the reason for the initial cancellation (generally weather gets 0), and as UKtravelbear says, then dependent on the new itinerary offered. Personally, if offered a rebooking that qualifies for compensation, I'd take it (if you get the agents to look harder, they might just find one that's below the compensation threshold and then you lose!).