FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOBILE Flight Deck Secondary Barrier Galley Cart System
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:38 pm
JamesBigglesworth

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by MacLeanBarrier
I routinely see passengers wearing the small white disposable respirators--especially when I fly to Asia.
You think those are respirators?

Again, read what I just wrote about hoping the FAs have a full staff and are conscious of a rush-attack on an unlocked galley. I constantly see FAs not do what they are supposed to in order to stop a well-prepared suicidal attacker.
You have a disconnect there in your reasoning. A determined suicide attacker is simply going to blow the plane up because that remains the simplest route to take because it *remains* the vector that is least well protected. "Taking over the cockpit" is the *least* likely option, with or without your barrier. And you, still, after all this time, have not been able to point to a single instance of the event you are seeking to prevent.

The drawings are not perfect and drawn for the patent examiners. My barrier cart will seal the forward galley. Regardless, my system will have (Naloxone) Narcan doses ready on the unit in the case that any opioids leak passed it.
It will *not* be sealed - not unless the aircraft is rebuilt so the bulkhead and everything around it out to the exterior skin of the aircraft is a vapor sealed unit - and that simply isn't going to happen. Again, you're presenting a scenario that has *never* happened in the history of aviation. You've got a solution and are in search of a problem.

Remember, the cockpit door will only need to remain open for 2 seconds with my barrier. Right now, the door remains open 4 times too long because the pilot (1) unlocks it, (2) steps through, (3) steps aside for the flight attendant to switch with him/her, (4) then the flight attendant steps through.
Where did you get your numbers from? And why are you ignoring the *actual* problem that *has* occurred several times IRL where the sole pilot has locked out the crew and flown the plane into the ground?