Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

MOBILE Flight Deck Secondary Barrier Galley Cart System

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: http://www.maclean-scotus.info

Greetings everyone!

I'm the same person being cited in [Mod edit: the FAM Fired for Revealing Info Deemed “Sensitive” After He Revealed It] thread.

I've invented a MOBILE flight deck (cockpit) secondary barrier transforming galley cart system that's significantly more inexpensive and safer than the barrier now being built into already existing aircraft cabins:

Twitter: @MacLeanBarrier
Facebook: @MacLeanBarrier

Sorry, the forum doesn't allow me to post URLs until I've posted four more times.

I'd love to get your comments and questions.

Appreciatively and respectfully,

Robert J. MacLean
Leesburg, Virginia (U.S.)

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 6, 2017 at 9:18 am Reason: Provide context to the OP's background after threads were split
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacLeanBarrier
Greetings everyone!

I'm the same person being cited in this thread.

I've invented a MOBILE flight deck (cockpit) secondary barrier transforming galley cart system that's significantly more inexpensive and safer than the barrier now being built into already existing aircraft cabins:

Sorry, the forum doesn't allow me to post URLs until I've posted four more times.

I'd love to get your comments and questions.

Appreciatively and respectfully,

Robert J. MacLean
Leesburg, Virginia (U.S.)
Haven't you posted in this thread previously under a different name?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Haven't you posted in this thread previously under a different name?
No. Who are you may I ask? Where do you work?

Regards,

Robert J. MacLean
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:51 am
Original Poster

What do you think of the barrier Tim?

Last edited by MacLeanBarrier; Nov 4, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: RFC
What do you think of the barrier Tim?
It's a solution in search of a problem.

Very American. Very Paranoid. Very impractical. TSA will love it.
pstation and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth

So you're 100% confident that a flight attendant and a 3' galley cart—none of which are on JetBlue Airbuses and Southwest—stopping a suicidal sprint-dive into the flight deck? Do you think all of the solo vehicle-ramming attacks are anomalies?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you're 100% confident that a flight attendant and a 3' galley cart—none of which are on JetBlue Airbuses and Southwest—stopping a suicidal sprint-dive into the flight deck? Do you think all of the solo vehicle-ramming attacks are anomalies?
Are you suggesting that cockpit security doors are so flimsy that a person can run, dive and breech the cockpit door? Without injury? Is this what you're defining as a solo vehicle-ramming attack? I've never heard that term used before. What are the alternate systems competing?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boggie dog
are you suggesting that cockpit security doors are so flimsy that a person can run, dive and breech the cockpit door? Without injury? Is this what you're defining as a solo vehicle-ramming attack? I've never heard that term used before. What are the alternate systems competing?
page 2:

sprinting and diving into a flight deck, also know as a “cockpit,” only needs one attacker and one opportunity when a pilot enters the cabin during flight to use the lavatory, obtain sustenance, or crew-rest.
page 3:

inward-opening flight deck doors are exceptionally more vulnerable to an attack because the door swings against a pilot the moment he/she opens it. An attack on an outward-opening door gives a crew member the chance to use his/her backside to close it in which the frame reinforces the door. An attack on an outward-opening doored flight deck requires the attacker to have to wedge himself between the door and the frame if he cannot dive into the flight deck semi-impeded or unimpeded. Only spring-latches protect flight decks with an inward-opening door. There are approximately 1,187 existing aircraft with inward-opening doors. Mostinward-opening flight deck doors are exceptionally more vulnerable to an attack because the door swings against a pilot the moment he/she opens it. An attack on an outward-opening door gives a crew member the chance to use his/her backside to close it in which the frame reinforces the door. An attack on an outward-opening doored flight deck requires the attacker to have to wedge himself between the door and the frame if he cannot dive into the flight deck semi-impeded or unimpeded. Only spring-latches protect flight decks with an inward-opening door. There are approximately 1,187 existing aircraft with inward-opening doors.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth

All of TSA is a solution in search of a problem and very paranoid and impractical and getting worse.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

page 2:

page 3:
Seems if any changes are called for it would be to reverse the door swing. The threat of a terrorist trying to breech a cockpit doesn't seem all that great anyhow.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Seems if any changes are called for it would be to reverse the door swing. The threat of a terrorist trying to breech a cockpit doesn't seem all that great anyhow.
PAGE 27 of the $150/view public 2011 "Radio Technical Commission on Aeronautics" (DO-329) study report that was heavily redacted:

"Based on data collected by the committee, an unimpeded attacker who is within a certain distance (SSI) to the flight deck can reach the flight deck door before the crewmembers can close and secure the door."
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PAGE 27 of the $150/view public 2011 "Radio Technical Commission on Aeronautics" (DO-329) study report that was heavily redacted:
No terrorists are trying to breech the door. I even question the need for FAM's. A lot of expense for no return. High pay plus 25% LEAP is just too much. Much like the rest of TSA, not worth the cost.
Spiff likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Personal Exchanges

Folks,

I have just had to edit and delete posts containing personal attacks on other FlyerTalk members.

Personal attacks are a serious violation of the posting rules:
FlyerTalk Rule12.2

Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

<snip>

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.
The next poster who gets personal with another will be suspended for a minimum of seven days.

Please consider this to be your only warning!

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

No terrorists are trying to breech the door. I even question the need for FAM's. A lot of expense for no return. High pay plus 25% LEAP is just too much. Much like the rest of TSA, not worth the cost.
Not true sir.

Page 7 of the RTCA DO-329 that was withheld from the TSA Federal Air Marshal Service's supervisors in charge of training, instructors, and the flying rank-and-file for five years until I spent two months demanding that TSA and FAA Headquarters to provide me an UNREDACTED copy:

"Current intelligence indicates that the probability of such an attack is high enough to warrant evaluation of current procedures and equipment designed to thwart such an attack when the flight deck door is opened during normal flight operations, as well as proposed improvements to the same."
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The national security apparatus imagines threats that justify its own continued existence and expansion? Color me shocked.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.