FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phuket: Trisara vs. Amanpuri (Room vs Room)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:11 pm
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by EaglesFan0909
Ah, thank you! Coming from NYC, I want to experience a little bit of, all of Thailand so I can go back to my favorite spots. It's so far away!! My schedule is wide open all of January. My girlfriend, however, has a full-time job. I'm planning on proposing within the next few months, which will change up her schedule (As long as her mom doesn't yell at her).

We are staying at MOBKK for three nights over NYE....However, they haven't released their schedule. I can't book a room. Kind of pissed about it. Before is available. After is available. What's the big deal? Green is green. THB's are THB's.
Re: the Koh Samui option - Koh Samui is somewhat similar to Phuket. For the average traveller, Koh Samui is better - the average beach is generally nicer than what you get in Phuket, but Phuket's best luxury properties and best beaches I'd say are much nicer than Samui. Samui, owing to its size, is also not really a destination to spend a lot of time in (beyond just sitting around doing nothing). There's more to do around the Phuket region.
But it also depends a lot on what you're looking for - Koh Samui is generally more quaint/smaller/less crowded (though no doubt some areas are quite crowded and have similar vibes to Phuket, plus there's the whole Full Moon Party thing going on)

Both Samui and Phuket have interesting areas around (the national park near Samui and neighbouring islands), with Phuket it's Krabi/Phi Phi/Phang Nga Bay/Racha.

Here's a suggestion - rather than doing both Amanpuri and Trisara, if you do want to split up your stays, then do one of the two in Phuket, and then something near Krabi/Phang Nga Bay for a totally different experience.