FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phuket: Trisara vs. Amanpuri (Room vs Room)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:12 am
EaglesFan0909

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Am about to stay at both again . We often split our stays with Trisara being the first stop and ending at Puri with the better beach .
How many days are you planning ? Not sure what you mean by views are terrific at Trisara & not as good at .. ? Views if of Andaman sea , are similar !

For first timers ( who enjoy a certain calibre of accommodation & service ) to the region / Phuket , then Amanpuri for sure .. but beware , potentially downhill after . Be prepared to budget well for future stays especially if become an AMANjunkie

Thank you! Our trip looks like this:
  • 12/30 - 1/2 (3 Nights) - Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
  • 1/2 - 1/5 (3 Nights) - Four Seasons Golden Triangle
  • 1/5 - 1/8 (3 Nights) - Four Seasons Chiang Mai
  • 1/8 - 1/13 (5 Nights) - Four Seasons Koh Sumai
  • 1/13 - 1/17 (4 Nights) - Trisara Phuket
The Four Seasons are their minimum required nights (3 in the North, 5 in the South). Their current special is Stay three nights and get the fourth free. Unfortunately, my stays are too far out so they don't qualify. The trip was a gift so I wanted to book it, regardless. Hopefully the special comes back where I can rebook to 4 nights.

Based on our itinerary, would you recommend I split Phuket between Amanpuri and Trisara? What room would you recommend at Aman? I don't want to spend more than the $5k range a night, as that's already wildly outrageous to me haha.